Tag line

"In order to write about life, first you must live it." -Ernest Hemingway

Saturday, November 13, 2010

The biggest post ever!

Hello friends! I know it's been a little while since we updated, but that doesn't mean we haven't been keeping busy crossing things off our list! This is going to be the biggest update yet! Hope you're ready for it!!

So we went to Jamie's the other day to try to do "The Dark Side of Oz" in which you listen to Pink Floyd's album "Dark Side of the Moon" while watching "The Wizard of Oz" and apparently things are supposed to match up. I remember doing this once in like 9th grade, but I don't think we did it right and I wasn't convinced. So we tried again, but ran into some difficulties.

We had everything ready! 
The movie, which had been somewhere in my basement providing a home for a spider.
And the album, courtesy of my iPod

But there was some miscommunication between Becky and me....she thought I had the movie on DVD and I thought someone had a VCR available. Neither was true. So we tried to order it off of Comcast! But Jamie sent in her bill late, so they cancelled her On Demand. And EVEN THOUGH she was going to pay right then and there with a credit card, it would still take 24 hours for On Demand to be reactivated. Sounds like a load of crap to me. So we're going to try again soon now that Jamie's bill is paid.

But at least the kitties really enjoyed the Pink Floyd!

So we tried to do something easier.

17. Learn to whistle with two fingers


Yea, this was most certainly not easy. I think Jamie and Becky had some success. I, on the other hand, only succeeded in slobbering all over my fingers. Oh well, nobody's perfect.
Then we did something really awesome! We tried to figure out what we could do that took minimal effort and didn't require Jamie to change out of her pajamas (she was sicky :/) and decided to do:

18. Video tape yourself eating then play it backwards.
This ended up being HILARIOUS. Jamie edited the video and uploaded it to YouTube. There was some loss of quality during the conversion, but I still think you'll enjoy it.





Then we took a few days off, had to do that whole job thing, but picked it up again yesterday.

19. Squeeze a glass of fresh orange juice.

Becky did this one all on her own because I believe oranges are concentrated evil. I hate the taste, I hate the smell, I even hate orange cleaning products. So she did all the heavy lifting while I sat back and took pictures.




Evil.

Not as evil.

Releasing the evil within.


 
 When the first attempts to squeeze the juice out proved less than productive, we decided to try a technique we learned from Oprah. See below.
This only resulted in Becky freaking out about the pesticides and wax on the outside of the orange that got in her mouth.

The orange squeezing quickly turned into a Double Dare challenge, that Becky failed miserably.






Mark Summers would be disappointed.

 








Becky enjoyed the orange juice, although she said it didn't really taste like orange juice that you buy at the store. Probably because they add more evil to it and we didn't have any on hand.












So while that was fun, we did something EVEN BETTER that night. We had a bonfire! Okay, fire pit. I got in trouble for calling it a bonfire, but whatever, what's the difference? We got to make spiked apple cider and roast marshmallows, so who cares?

20. Have a bonfire complete with hot apple cider.




For those of you who are friends with us on Facebook, EVERYONE WAS INVITED! We would have loved to share this experience with you, for those of you who came, Thanks! We hope you had fun! For everyone else, we hope you can make it next time!

We waited until Jamie got there to start the fire. Thank God for her, I don't think Becky and I could have gottten it started let alone kept it going all night.




I love my new camera. This was the highlight of the night for me. I have no introductions for these, they're just awesome.






So I'd say the night was a success. We had:

Spiked apple cider


S'mores












A roaring fire


Sick dance moves


 And good times

 With good people



Oh, and I almost forgot. So one of the things on my List of Things to Do is to be a Missed Connection on Craig's List. If you don't know what that is, it's where people can try to create their own serendipity by posting where they were when they saw someone they thought was cute, sexy, their soulmate, and hope they see it and respond. Who says chivalry is dead? So since I haven't had any luck yet we decided to post our own missed connection for a bartender we thought was cute when we went out the other day. 
(EDIT: by Becky: Sam didn't want me to post the screen shot, but I think i was too good to not show you guys!)
We made up a fake e-mail address and we even got a response from it! I don't know if it's really him though...there's a lot of weirdos out there. So I doubt we'll really respond, or ever go back to that bar again haha, but it was fun! You should try it! Maybe you'll meet your soulmate. But probably not.  Actually, you probably shouldn't respond to anyone on Craig's List. They'll probably try to kill you, and we don't want to lose any of our readers.

Well guys, as always there's more to come from us! And we say it every time, but if you have any suggestions or want to cross something off your own list with us, LET US KNOW! We're super nice and fun! And we probably won't judge you! 

So until next time, good luck exploring the infinite abyss.

Love always,
The Go Getters



2 comments:

  1. You two look like you have SO much fun! Found you on 20sb! I'm following! Great blog! :D

    ReplyDelete