Tag line

"In order to write about life, first you must live it." -Ernest Hemingway

Thursday, October 7, 2010

12. Go Ghost Hunting

Ayo! Becky, here! So, one of my goals on the list was to go ghost hunting. I’ve never really believed in ghosts, so I think that’s why it interested me so much. How could someone waste so much time on something that’s not even real? And since Sam is a big scaredy cat… Jamie, Cliff, and my mom joined me for this adventure. This wasn’t just any ghost hunt, it was at the Philadelphia Zoo. A couple of weeks ago, SyFy aired an episode of their show “Ghost Hunters” on location at the Philadelphia Zoo; the zoo decided to make it a special event. So, we hopped on over to America’s first zoo to take our chances with the paranormal. After waiting for a half hour (and playing with flashlights) 


we were finally taken back to the theater in the tiger/lion exhibit where we viewed the “Ghost Hunters” episode. We then went over to the Shelly Administration Building for a meet & greet with the cast and crew of the SyFy television show. Our awesome tour guides (Brad & Amanda) took us around the zoo and showed us some sleeping animals, 


and took us into the proven “haunted” buildings on the grounds.


The Penrose Administration Building (the old vet lab building) was our first stop. Nothing special happened, but it was creepy to be in an old lab with no lights on.


The most interesting spot was definitely the Solitude House, 
which is the oldest house on the grounds (over 275 years old) and the only 
remaining house of the Penn family (founders of Pennsylvania).


Apparently, ever since the “Ghost Hunters” did their investigation in July,
the attic door has mysteriously locked and cannot be opened. So, naturally,
I was intrigued and posed in front of the door for Jamie to take my picture. 
However, while I get into position and Jamie is getting the camera ready, the door starts to flutter back and forth, banging on the lock. Now, like I said before, I do not believe in ghosts so this definitely made me start to question things. But needless to say, I screamed like a little girl and ran away, terrifying Jamie in the process.





This was also proof that Sam would not have been okay with completing this task with me. But, I’m still glad Jamie was there to cross it off the list with me; she’s starting to become a regular Go Getter!

Well, until next time, good luck exploring the infinite abyss.

Love Always,
The Go Getters

No comments:

Post a Comment