Tag line

"In order to write about life, first you must live it." -Ernest Hemingway

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Geronimo, look out below, here comes the brother with the offbeat flow!

Welcome back guys! Don't think that we forgot about you. There were no adventures this weekend, well not as far as the Go Getters were concerned, but we did something awesome yesterday!

15. Listen to the first cassette you ever bought.

I'm sorry, cassette? When was the last time anyone
listened to a cassette? My car doesn't even have a tape player! So finding somewhere to listen to said cassette was a little difficult. But first we had to find it, and luckily I don't throw anything away...

Got 'em!



Then I had to figure out what the first tape I bought was. Let me tell you folks, you're not ready for this one.


Oh, you think you don't remember this song? Let me take you on a journey back to 1995....


The Outhere Brothers - Boom Boom Boom
Uploaded by eurorap. - Watch more music videos, in HD!



Yea....now you know what I'm talking about! But if you don't...this is the clean version. The real version is FILTHY. Had my mother known just what I was listening to she would have smashed my walkman. (Aww, the blog put a red underline under walkman like it's spelled wrong. It's okay blogger, you're too young to remember walkmen.)

Speaking of walkmen, neither of us had one, or boom box or other tape-playing antique so we went to Jamie's cause she had a bunch from an old installation project!

So, while you're listening to the best song ever, take a look at us rocking out!








Even the kitties got in on the action!


Well that was AWESOME. If I ever find my old boom box I think I'll listen to my other old tapes too. I also found a Spice Girls single! I highly recommend digging through your old boxes and wiping off the dust of your walkman and rocking out to some bands that are old enough to have had cassette tapes out. Do it! And until next time, good luck exploring the infinite abyss.

Love Always,
The Go Getters

2 comments:

  1. OMG the last picture looks like Alice is trying with all her might not to get eaten by Becky. HAHA

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. that music video is oh so funny

    ReplyDelete