Tag line

"In order to write about life, first you must live it." -Ernest Hemingway

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

13. "Tag" a Building

¡Hola chicos! Becky, again. I was a little nervous about posting this one due to "legal issues". However, after thinking about it, I decided just to say F@*K IT, go big or go home right? I know a lot of people look at graffiti as an offensive form of expression, but I find it to be a fascinating form of protest, art, and modern culture. So, I figured it was about time that I tried my hand at this urban ritual. The first step was to find some spray paint and seeing as how I'm too broke to buy some, I raided my parents basement. To my surprise, I discovered a whole shelf of EMPTY cans. Apparently no one throws anything out in my house. Good thing Jamie is an art major! I knew that would come in handy at some point. But then I figured out that finding a place to do this, in Mullica Hill, was a lot more difficult than expected. It probably also had something to do with the fact that I'm an old lady now and have an early bedtime (so there was still a lot of people around). Every time I found a building that might have worked, I would find a reason (Mom & Pop shop, too creepy, a cop sitting down the road, etc.) to choose another spot. So, I decided to downgrade my goal to just any open area, fit for a tag. FINALLY, a spot was chosen!
I obviously had to be in my hoodrat threads
Seeing as I've never used spray paint before, besides refinishing a lamp, I ended up painting half my hand along with this messy tag.


Needless to say, I don't think I'll be trying this again. But, its nice to say I've done it.

Have anything you want to add to our list? Let us know, and help us cross it off!
So until next time, good luck exploring the infinite abyss. 

xoxo,
The Go Getters

3 comments:

  1. lol 8:45 is too early to do bad things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget about the time we (attempted to) tagged the philly's skyline on the teddy bear factory's roof years ago! http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=586231485354&set=t.1331940044#!/photo.php?fbid=586231485354&set=t.1331940044&pid=37690370&id=11324012

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeahhhh! I forgot about that!! Well now I've done it twice! Lol

    ReplyDelete